BEESWAX CANDLE MAKING WORKSHOP
This is a NEW Starlite Soap Studio workshop, currently under development for launch during the fall of 2022.
Participants in our incredibly popular soy candle workshop have often requested a beeswax class, so here it is! We don't have all the details yet, but based on our twelve-year history of delivering fun, informative and productive workshops, you can be sure it will be a good one!
During this two-hour workshop, we will work with 100% pure beeswax, a natural, renewable resource. Beeswax candles emit a bright, healthful light within the same spectrum as the sun, plus negative ions that clean the air and invigorate the body. Beeswax burns longer, drips less, and smells wonderful, naturally.
Although we have not finalized the details, we intend to make most of our beeswax candles using 100% pure natural beeswax in its natural yellow colour and scent, as well as one or two candles using de-aromatized white beeswax, allowing us to use some colour and scent.
We anticipate that participants in this workshop will make:
- four x 6" hand-dipped beeswax tapers (natural beeswax colour)
- one small "beehive" shaped candle (natural beeswax colour)
- one small tree-shaped candle (your choice of colour and scent)
- one glass container candle (your choice of colour and scent)
- several tealights (natural beeswax colour)
Candle-making is safe and fun! Hundreds of people have enjoyed our soy candle workshops and we are sure hundreds more will love to learn about beeswax!
Maximum 8 participants.
- This is an adult-oriented workshop, not usually recommended or suitable for children under the age of 15.
- We suggest you arrive about 5 minutes prior to the posted workshop start time.
- The workshop runs for approximately 2 hours.
- The workshop is held within The Good Planet Company at 764 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C. (between Douglas & Blanchard)
WHAT TO WEAR:
Come as you are! We are using hot wax, but there is a minimal chance of splashes.
Join our mailing list (see link below) to get the scoop on our new workshops, special sales, contests and more.